The Groovy Tour of Kathmandu!
11 Amazing Days
- Touring ancient Hindu and Buddhist Temples. Nearly 60 temples and the old Royal Palace next to Freak Street.
- Explore Freak Street, the home of the Hippies. This was home to the various musical artists of the 1960s including Cat Stevens, and Jim Morrison
- Visit Asan Market, an ancient marketplace
- Tour the ancient city of Kathmandu by rickshaw
- Visit Pashupatinath, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with 490 ancient temples and colorful Hindu priests
- Explore the jungles of Chitwan National Park on an elephant safari to look for rare Indian One-Horned Rhinos and the elusive Royal Bengal Tiger.
- Travel to Pokhara, a beautiful city in the Himalayas on the shores of the mountain Lake Phewa.
- See an amazing sunrise over the Himalayas
- Cultural Programs reflecting the unique cultures of Nepal
- Optional: Zip lining or Paragliding in the Himalayas.
TWO AMAZING TRIPS TO CHOOSE FROM!
- Friday, January 13 thru Tuesday, January 24. 2023
- Friday, January 27 through Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Only $1200 per person
Space is limited, so book now. Deadline is Oct. 15, 2022
For More Information Contact Dr. Jan L. Beaderstadt (The Travel Doctor) - 989-254-1279 Or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave the USA.
In Flight to the legendary city of Kathmandu.
Arrival in Kathmandu. Check into Hotel. Welcome Dinner.
Rickshaw tour of Asan Market. Tour Freak Street, see where Cat Stevens wrote the song “Kathmandu” and Explore 60 ancient temples.
Visit Pashupatinath Temple, the most sacred Hindu site. Nearly 490 temples with sadhus (priests) and devotees. Evening concert with 60s band.
Leave the Valley for Chitwan National Park. Cultural program in the evening.
Elephant Safari to look for Royal Bengal Tigers and rare Indian One-Horned Rhinos. In the afternoon, enjoy traveling down the Rapti river in dugout canoes to look for wildlife.
Travel to Pokhara on the shores of beautiful Lake Phewa in the famed Annapurna Mountains of the Himalayas.
Sunrise over the Annapurnas. Tours of temples and Devi Falls. Visit the Tibetan Refugee camp, and walk along the shores of Phewa Lake. Free time for shopping, boat rides, or paragliding. (Paragliding extra).
Return to Kathmandu. Farewell dinner in the evening.
Departure for the USA
Arrival in the USA
What is included?
What is not included?
Trip Duration: 12 days
Trip at a Glance
- Trip Name: The Groovy Tour of Kathmandu!
- Trip Code:
- Trip Duration: 12 days